CBD and Fibromyalgia?
So to the question, does CBD helps fibromyalgia? The cannabis plant has two main components: CBD or cannabidiol and THC or tetrahydrocannabinol. THC is the primary psychoactive component of the cannabis plant, and it is the one responsible for the feeling of being altered or "high" while consuming it recreationally. On the other side, cannabidiol is one of the most critical cannabinoids contained in the cannabis plant CBD that helps fibromyalgia
While CBD has the same chemical formula as THC, their atoms are in a different arrangement. This is the main reason why one of them is a psychoactive drug, and the other is not and so CBD helps fibromyalgia. The latest fact means that while you ingest CBD for medical purposes, you will feel little to an unnoticeable effect on your cognitive abilities, which is a significant difference compared with THC.
CBD or cannabidiol is one of the chemical compounds from the cannabis plant, and it is a naturally occurring substance. It is used in products like edibles and oils to impart a feeling of relaxation and calm and so helping CBD helping with the symptoms of fibromyalgia. CBD is not a psychoactive drug, and it should not give you any side effects, but there are a few exceptions to this rule. The first is that some people tend to react differently to certain substances, including CBD. Usually, these are the same people who feel side effects from Advil or Tylenol. That is the main reason why, when taking CBD for the first time, you should do it under supervision.
When we hear about CBD, we also hear about cannabis, marijuana, and hemp. The plant Cannabis Sativa has two species, hemp, and marijuana. Both contain CBD, but hemp has a higher percentage of CBD and CBD helps fibromyalgia
Nowadays, there have been many advances when it comes to cannabis and its processing and consumption methods. You can find CBD in a lot of different presentations for vaping, external, or internal use all forms of CBD helps with fibromyalgia
How does CBD work for fibromyalgia?
CBD has many properties, and it is widely used for many purposes thanks to its non-psychoactive elements.
- CBD reduces Anxiety and Depression. Depression and anxiety are common mental health disorders and can have significant devastating impacts on the life of many. Only depression is the most significant contributor to disability, and we are speaking worldwide. Medications for these mental issues can be highly addictive and may lead to abuse. CDB oil has been leading many who live with these issues to become interested in the natural approach it promises.
- Pain reliever. Recently, studies have discovered that some components of cannabis, including CBD, have pain-relieving effects. It is proven that CBD may reduce chronic pain by reducing inflammation and interacting with neurotransmitters.
- CBD alleviates cancer-related symptoms. CBD can help reducing cancer side effects and symptoms like nausea and vomiting. CDB can also reduce nausea produced by chemotherapy. Another study showed that CBD inhibited the spread of aggressive breast cancer cells.
- Reduces Acne. Acne is a prevalent skin condition, and it is thought to be caused by bacteria, genetics, inflammation, or overproduction of sebum. CBD oil can help treat acne because it has excellent anti-inflammatory properties and the ability to reduce sebum production.
- Neuroprotective properties. Some researchers believe that CBD can act on brain signalling systems and provide benefits for neurological disorders.
Fibromyalgia: an overview
Fibromyalgia Syndrome or FMS is a chronic condition that causes pain, tenderness, and stiffness of the muscles, tendons, and joints. It is also characterized by tiredness, fatigue, anxiety and restless sleep, even depression and disturbances in bowel functions.
The cause of FMS is still unknown, but some advances and discoveries help understand some of the mysteries surrounding this condition. FMS presents in young or middle-aged females as widespread pain, fatigue, disrupted unrefreshing sleep, and even cognitive difficulties.
When it comes to it, clinicians should be familiar with the signs and symptoms and diagnose the condition with minimum investigation.
Although what causes FMS is unclear, some patterns appear to be the basis of the syndrome, such as changes in neuroendocrine transmitters such as serotonin, growth hormone, and cortisol.
FMS is not a deforming, progressive, or life-threatening disease. The most common symptoms are anxiety and depression much of which CBD helps fibromyalgia
Nowadays, FMS can be easily diagnosis thanks to new analysis criteria, but back in the day, it was commonly under-diagnosed.
What are the benefits of CBD for people with fibromyalgia?
The're a lot of studies going on about CBD for fibromyalgia and we are still at baby steps about the topic, but the advances are growing every second.
Nowadays, the medicines used to treat FMS are the ones causing and addiction and overdose epidemic in the US. Numerous studies have proved that marijuana and its components are an excellent alternative to address the symptoms and reduce opioid addiction and overdose problems.
Although anecdotal evidence that CBD for fibromyalgia is not scientific proof, there is an increasing abundance of it from people with FMS saying that CBD has helped them tremendously.
Must of the FMS symptoms have been tested with CBD, and the results have been positives almost every time.
The three main symptoms of FMS are pain, insomnia, and anxiety. CBD helps enormously with each of them, even if you don't have FMS.
CBD for fibromyalgia is the natural alternative to prescriptions and drugs that don't treat the symptoms correctly and also produce addiction and overdose.
Since FMS is a chronic pain condition and CBD has been used for a long time to treat chronic pain symptoms and reduce inflammation, it is considered to be a great alternative and treatment for people suffering from this condition.
Where can you buy CBD for fibromyalgia UK?
Depending on your country, you can easily find it on local pharmacies without prescription, on online stores, or cannabis centre stores. There is always good to investigate the legal status of cannabis and CBD on your country and state to make sure that you are not breaking the law by buying in consuming CBD.
Is CBD for fibromyalgia legal in the UK?
Although it is a non-psychoactive compound, due to its relationship with THC and marijuana, there is still some rejection towards it inside the medical and health institutions. Every day a little progress is made to accept it as an effective alternative to other prescriptions with worst side effects.